Parent/Guardian Communication Policy
Parent/Guardian and Service communication is an important aspect of Early Childhood, which enables Educators and other Staff to more closely meet the needs of children and families and provide consistency and continuity between the Service and home environments. This provides the Parent/Guardian, the opportunity to discuss their child’s development and progress. At Glenhaven Private Preschool we provide a number of outlets in which this exchange of information can take place.
- Educational and Care Services National Law Act 2010
- Educational and Care Services National Regulations 2011
- National Quality Standards 2011
- NSW Department of Education & Communities
Who is affected by this policy?
The following will occur:
- Face to face verbal interactions at arrival and departure times.
- Regular newsletters via the children’s individual pockets once a month, emailed etc.
- A noticeboard where various messages and notices are displayed advertising current issues and upcoming events.
- Regular parent meetings are held where parents can raise any issues or topics they feel relevant and contribute to decision making.
- A suggestion box is located in the foyer. Parents are able to leave written messages, for expressing concerns, positive feedback or evaluative input that they feel they need to let staff know about. These can be anonymous if so desired.
- Occasionally Educators will ask parents to complete short surveys in order to maintain up to date records and seek parent feedback on various topics.
- Each family will be allocated an individual ‘pocket’ in which newsletters, invitations, statements, and other written communication will be placed. It is the Parent/Guardian’s responsibility to read these notices and ensure they are aware of current issues and events in the Preschool.
- Policies will be regularly reviewed in a variety of ways (sign in area, newsletters, and emails and via pockets) to enable parent comment in centre practices.
N.B The Service has access to support and translating services for non-English speaking families. If required, information will be made available in home languages.